eID software installation procedure
Follow these two steps to download the eID software on Linux:
- Install the "eID-archive" package, enabling the eID package repositories.
- Install the "eid-viewer" and/or "eid-mw" packages in the usual way for your distribution. This may require you to first perform an update of the indexes (e.g. using "apt-get update").
Supported distributions and versions:
- Fedora 38
- Fedora 39
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 "Ootpa"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 "Plow"
- Similar distributions, such as Rocky or Alma
- openSUSE Leap 15.4
- openSUSE Leap 15.5
Downloads for unsupported distributions:
You can compile the software yourself using the source code:
Other packages for unsupported Linux distributions can be found here.
All packages and repositories are digitally signed by the OpenPGP key with the following fingerprint:
B37D 9040 098C 3DEE E00F 6D08 A357 43EA 6773 D225
We recommend that you do not install any packages which are not signed by that key. If you use the correct "eid-archive" package for your distribution, the correct key will be automatically configured and you shouldn't need to worry.
Reading card fails?
If reading the card fails, check whether the correct driver is installed.
The FAQ-section explains how to check this.